Tuesday 9 September 2014

Barbie Pink Makeup Tutorial

UWhen trying to decide what I'd do for today's post I thought I'd do something abit different makeup wise. 
I'm always sticking to nude colours when it comes to doing my makeup,browns and blacks..nothing too bright. But I thought I'd try something different and use pinks! I stuck to two urban decay palettes as these seem to have the best pigment in my opinion (naked 3 and vice 2) 
I started off doing my usual face makeup and brows then went on to prime the eyes with urban decay primer potion in Eden 
I then took my real techniques duo fiber eye shadow brush and the naked 3 palette. I mixed the colours limit and nooner together and ran that through the crease and then blended that out with my mac 224 brush 
I then took my nyx jumbo eye pencil in milk and applied that to the lid. Applying a product like this makes your eyeshadow pop and I wanted then pink on the lid looking super bright! 
Next I took the urban decay vice 2 palette and using the real techniques base shadow brush I applied x-rated to the lid 
I then decided to add abit of sparkle to the look and using my silk pro eye shader brush and coax from the same palette applyed that over the top of x-rated (not really too visable in picture) 
I then applied limit and nooner with my mac 219 brush.Next it's time for liner and I decided to do a basic cat eye using the rimmel scandal eyes liner and then applying benefit high brow in the water line to brighten the eyes! 
The last thing to do to the eyes is add some mascara,I used my two favourites,Clinique high lengths and bare minerals lash domination!
The last thing to do to complete the look was to add some lipstick,and it had to be mac saint germain - the perfect barbie pink lipstick and it's the sort of lipstick tha totally mutes the rest of your lips out. I applied abit to my lips then blended out with my finger as I was wearing the look to work and needed it to look day time wearable! 
And that's the completed look! 
I hope you enjoyed this post,I want to start using more colours in my looks rather than just sticking to nudes all the time

What's your favourite palette to use for bright eyeshadows? 

Enjoy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment