Thursday 14 August 2014

Liquid latex - Chelsea Smile

While online makeup shopping a few
days ago I decided to pick up some more special effects makeup,I brought some scar wax,spirit gum,brusing wheel and dry blood!
I'd be watching so many videos on how to do the chelsea smile and decided to attempt that,I thought having the scar wax would make that extremely easy...it didn't so I used the liquid latex for the initial shape of the of the smile building up 3 layers of the latex and tissue to get this... 
While the latex is still quite tacky it's best to rip into it and get the shape scar you want,I then took my foundation and covered the tissue and the rest of my face to help to blend it into my skin and set that with your usual powder...now for the fun part! Using the Ben Nye bruise wheel and a paint brush I started to fill in the cut using the four different colours in the palette to make it look more like a bruise/blood 
I then took the gosh ultra brights matte palette and mixed a few of the colours to create brusing around the scar,the last part was to fill the cut in with blood. For this I used Ben Nye thick blood to make the scar look more fresh and then put some around the mouth to make it look like it was pouring from the sides and I was done! 
I'm still getting used to using the liquid latex and I'm hoping I can actually make it look better soon!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment